Simple and Easy.
Unstoppable Endurance in 3 Months
You’ll be watching your opponent gas-out right in front of you.
In this course you’ll learn how to develop a level of endurance that will allow you to set a pace that your opponent cannot cope with. You’ll be watching them gas-out right in front of you.
This course will require some heavy lifting on your part, but I promise that when you master this content, you’ll have the key to designing your very own individualized fight plan, and this will help you reach your full potential as a fighter.
Dr. Jason Gillis and The MMA Training Bible will teach you the necessary knowledge and skills to design and implement an evidence-based training program to improve MMA-specific endurance and performance in 3 months.
After completing this course, you will:
- Understand how food is converted to energy, and all about the currency of energy in the human body.
- Understand how your body supports powerful high-intensity efforts in the cage, and the performance adaptations that can result from identifying and training the appropriate energy system.
- Identify the key characteristics of energy systems that allow you to perform at a high intensity for a prolonged period of time, like when you’re performing long combinations or trying to control your opponents body position. Understand how this energy system works and identify performance adaptations that arise from targeting this energy system appropriately.
- Identify the key characteristics of the energy system that allows you to work at a repeated high intensity over the course of a whole round, and a whole fight. Understand performance adaptations that arise from targeting this system correctly.
- Appreciate how all energy systems work together
- Understand the pros and cons of low and high intensity training
- Know how to manipulating movement pattern, work interval, rest interval and exercise intensity to train all of the energy systems that influence your performance in the cage.
- Appreciate how your body responds to training
- Explain the general adaptation syndrome
- Define over-training, super-compensation and a mal-adaptation to training
- Identify the signs and symptoms of over-training
- Understand how to lower your risk of over-training
- Understand key concepts in periodization
- Appreciate the art and science of periodization
- Identify the five phases of a fight plan (General preparatory phase, Fight-specific phase, Fight camp, The taper, The transition)
- Understand how to implement a testing battery to assess physical and mental performance in the following domains: Psychological skills and mood, Body size and composition, Flexibility, Muscular power, strength, endurance, An/aerobic performance, Sport-specific performance)
- Become familiar with The MMA Training Bible’s worksheets for creating unstoppable endurance in four steps
- Understand the four steps to creating unstoppable endurance
- Schedule the following training phases across the transition, taper, fight camp, fight-specific preparation phase, and consider the general preparation phase.
- Forecast training volume intensity across the transition, taper, fight camp, fight-specific preparation phase, and consider the general preparation phase.
- Understand the key concepts of Training difficulty, Load planning, and Training sub-phases
- Schedule training sub-phases across the transition, taper, fight camp, fight-specific preparation phase, and consider the general preparation phase.
- Program warm-ups and cool-downs appropriate to training objectives.
- Program endurance training sessions across transition, taper, fight camp, fight-specific preparation phase, and consider the general preparation phase.
- Program training sessions during recovery weeks
This ten-part online course will explore the science of MMA and take you through a step-by-step process for developing unstoppable endurance. In the first part of the course, you’ll learn about the metabolic demands of MMA, how to train an energy system, how to avoid over-training, and everything else you need to know about periodization and performance testing to be successful. In the second part of the course you’ll take part in a step-by-step workshop that will guide you through the creation of your very own personalized 3-month plan for building unstoppable endurance. Check out the detailed session description and course learning objectives below.